Goal 4: Quality Education
- Community Volunteering “AUEB Volunteers”:
- In collaboration with the Municipality of Athens, we donated school supply to the 5,000 pupils of schools in the city
- We provided free tutoring on school subjects, English and computer skills to young pupils, immigrants or Greeks with economic difficulties, in collaboration with the NGOs Caritas Hellas, Be the Miracle, Revive Greece, Metadrasi, Zaatar and the Municipality of Athens.
- We organized a training day for the AUEB Volunteers (AUEB Volunteers Day), i.e. students, with the objective to train them on decision making, critical thinking and career orientation skills. Also, in cooperation with ACEin, we organized UniChallenge, an event to train them on innovation and entrepreneurship though the implementation of design thinking.
- AUEB’s Mission & Strategic Goals:
According to its Internal Constitution and Regulations, AUEB’s mission is to provide services and continuous training to its students, in order to improve the level of their education. There are three offices that particularly take care of supporting students in their studies: the career office, the teaching support unit, as well as a faculty member per Department, who can advise any student 24/7.
- Educational Programs core principles: responsibility and sustainability:
AUEB Schools have adapted their curricula in order to incorporate the principles of responsible management and sustainability. Students are familiarized with the concept of Responsible Entrepreneurship and Management and are informed about issues of sustainability and corporate social responsibility. In this way, they are given the necessary stimuli that encourage their participation in sustainability initiatives and corporate social responsibility. Apart from the specific courses enriched by the curricula, the teaching staff enriches the content of their courses with invited speakers and case studies.
More specifically, for each curriculum (undergraduate, postgraduate) below are listed the courses that refer exclusively to the issues of Responsibility, Sustainability and CSR for the academic years 2019-2020:
Undergraduate Study Programs:
- Environmental Economics - Department of International & European Economic Studies
- Corporate Ethics and Responsibility - Department of Marketing & Communication
- Statistical Methods for the Environment & Ecology - Department of Statistics
- Business Ethics - Department of Accounting & Finance
- Social Entrepreneurship - Department of Business Organization & Administration
- Public Relations & Business Ethics - Department of Business Organization & Administration
Postgraduate Study Programs:
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility - MSc Human Resources Management
- Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Energy - MBA Business Administration with International Orientation
- International Strategies and Sustainability Reports - MBA Business Administration with International Orientation
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance – MBA Business Administration with International Orientation
- Financial Management of Energy Resources - MBA Business Administration with International Orientation
- Strategic Transformation in the Health Sector - MBA Business Administration with International Orientation
- Leadership and Responsibility - MSc Public Policy & Administration
- Ethics and Corruption in the Public Sector - MSc Public Policy & Administration
- Legal, Ethical and Policy Issues in data science - MSc in Data Science
- Environmental Economics - Department of Economics
- Environmental Planning and Sustainable Development - Master in Business Administration
- Energy Transformation and Renewable Energy Sources - Master in Business Administration
- Energy Financial Markets Law - Master in Business Administration
- Financial Derivatives in the Energy Market - Master in Business Administration
- Medical Statistics - MSc in Applied Statistics
- Fraud: Methods of Analysis and Prevention - MSc in Financial Management
- Energy Economics - MSc in Economics and Law in Energy Markets
- Energy Law - MSc in Finance and Energy Markets Law
Economics of Natural Resources and the Environment - MSc in Economics and Law in Energy Markets
- Environmental Law - MSc in Finance and Energy Markets Law
- Evaluation of Investment Programs in Infrastructure and Energy and Risk Management - MSc in Finance and Law in the Energy Markets
- Special Issues of Energy Policy - MSc in Finance and Law in the Energy Markets
- Planning and Financial Regulation of Energy Markets - MSc in Finance and Law in Energy Markets
- Legal Aspects of Energy Union and Climate Action - MSc in Economics and Energy Market Law
- Models of Energy, Environment and Economy - MSc in Finance and Law in the Energy Markets
- Sustainable Development and Limited Carbon Economies - MSc in Economics and Law in Energy Markets
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics - MSc in Applied Economics and Finance
- Executive Education Center & E-learning:
The ultimate goal of the Center is provide vocational training and lifelong learning. This objective is fulfilled through the provision of high quality training programs that complement the knowledge, skills and competences acquired through formal education, vocational training and initial vocational training or work experience, thus facilitating integration or reintegration into the labor market, job security and professional and personal development. Many of these programs are also offered in an e-learning mode, thus making knowledge accessible to everyone anywhere. Two programs related to Corporate Social Responsibility that are provided physically are the following:
- "Implementing Sustainable Transition: Agenda 2030, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the European Green Agreement": The seminar provides key theoretical and practical background for sustainable development executives in a way that will enable them to integrate the relevant principles of sustainable development in their daily practice in the process of decision-making and fundraising for their implementation.
- "Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship (DoSE)": The training program is aimed at individuals seeking to acquire knowledge and skills within the social entrepreneurship ecosystem with the aim of a) creating sustainable social enterprises, b) managing problems and opportunities for social impact initiatives, c) to have an active role in Corporate Social Responsibility actions and d) to undertake an advisory role in the field of social economy.
An online program related to Corporate Social Responsibility issues is "Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility": The program aims to introduce learners to the basic concepts of Corporate Ethics and Corporate Responsibility, Responsible Production and Consumption and Corporate Responsibility Communication and to present examples and case studies from the entrepreneur sector.
- Social Enterpreneurship Unit: The mission of the "Social Entrepreneurship Unit" is to inspire, educate and support those who wish to deal with issues of Social Entrepreneurship. The unit is trying to achieve this goal by a. offering education to students through the principles of sustainable and responsible entrepreneurship and social innovation, b. Promoting research that contributes to the development of research frameworks and practical tools aimed at enhancing the social impact of business, c. developing and supporting a network of academics, social entrepreneurs and organizations seeking to enhance their social performance and d. creating partnerships of social entrepreneurs with business executives, governments and NGOs with the aim of developing new approaches, attracting resources and enhancing social impact.
- Youth Enterpreneurship Summer School: The Youth Entrepreneurship Summer School (YES) is organized by the Department of Management Science & Technology and aims to promote youth innovation and entrepreneurship. The program is aimed at high school students (mainly 2nd and 3rd grade), who are interested in acquiring knowledge and skills related to business and the business process. The curriculum includes, among others, courses from academic lecturers and lectures by invited entrepreneurs, a visit to a company, analysis and discussion of case studies from the Greek and international reality, participation in business games, group activities, and elaboration and development of a business plan for a new business. The courses of the study program cover the modules of "Business Ethics", "Sustainable Development" and "Corporate Social Responsibility".
- Teaching excellence: AUEB instituted the "Award for Outstanding Performance in Teaching" for the academic years 2018-19 and 2019-20, which awards one faculty member from each Department, who received the highest grade in the student evaluation process.
- Student excellence scholarships: we provided tuition fee scholarships to excellent students of our bachelor and masters programs
- Special services from AUEB’s Library: at AUEB’s library there is the possibility of electronic access to the Greek bibliography of the courses taught at the University, for students who face problems of impaired or impaired vision and generally to students who due to a disability are not able to read a printed text or to perceive the content of a work using their physical senses.
- Donations: we donated old PCs and equipment to schools around the country, and coordinated book donations – through the University’s Library- to schools and libraries around Greece.
- Entrepreneurship Center (ACEin): The "Athens Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Support", which is a unit of the Employment and Career Office (DASTA), aims to support innovative new entrepreneurship for sustainable growth and jobs. Through a variety of actions, the beneficiary business schemes can be trained in practice on basic entrepreneurship issues, utilize support services (such as business plan writing, legal, accounting and financial support) and, finally, have the opportunity to network on an international scale. The programs supported by "ACEin" are the following:
- i-MBA Sustainable Development & Circular Economy Club: AUEB’s International MBA created the "Sustainable Development & Circular Economy Club" in early 2020 in order to focus on any aspect of sustainable development and the circular economy. The club will consist of students and graduates of the program, who will organize and support events and research on these specific issues.
- Seminars & Competitions: we organized various seminars and competitions, in cooperation with several stakeholders from the private and the public sector, that complement our students’ learning experience.
- Media awareness: through AUEB’s newspaper “OPAnews” as well as several press releases we raised awareness on the topic of quality education through interviews, scientific articles written by our faculty members as well as communicated our volunteering, events and scholarships program to our stakeholders.